I've just switched back to Gentoo (from Ubuntu). Gentoo is my mom. Reasoning:
- I can install Perl modules via CPAN and it works standard-like.
- Crazy people use Gentoo, so if you're looking to b0rk your whole system by intalling prototype alpha hardware-accelerated Xorg versions and suchlike, you can have company.
- Configuration is just easier somehow because you have a berjillion choices for everything. It seems like the opposite would be true, but in reality if you know what you're doing, more options = better, less options = severe pain.
- bash-completion. Mmmmmmmmmm.
- Larry the Cow.
- My CPU is nice and toasty warm all the time now.