This is a read-only archive!

Blog source code updated

I updated the source code of my blog on github. I'm too tired to write much about it at the moment.

Suffice it to say I rewrote it all from scratch for the purpose of sharing, because lots of people were asking for it. It uses Tokyo Cabinet instead of mysql now, which is nice. I gutted the codebase so it's about 700 lines now (down from 1500, not bad). I plan to write up some posts later exploring various parts of it, for those who are interested.

Hope someone gets something out of it. Use at your own risk.

October 22, 2009 @ 4:59 PM PDT
Cateogory: Programming

3 Comments

Lee
Quoth Lee on October 23, 2009 @ 3:48 AM PDT

I'm curious, how are you deploying this with your hosting right now, are you leaving a REPL screen open/detached with the blog loaded? I noticed that editing/deleting things could only be accomplished via the REPL.

Just curious, thanks for the code :)

Brian
Quoth Brian on October 23, 2009 @ 4:09 AM PDT

Yes, I start screen, start Emacs, start SLIME, then start the blog and detach. In my real blog the admin interface lets me do a lot more than in the code currently on github, so I only need to SSH in and play with Emacs in emergencies or to patch the code.

skillet-thief
Quoth skillet-thief on October 29, 2009 @ 11:13 PM PDT

This is great and is going to serve me as an example while I try to do something rather similar as my first real clojure project. It is going to be very helpful to be able to look at your code along the way. (I'll be using postgresql and will try to write servlets directly.)